Lorraine’s Window Coverings, Inc. carries a wide variety of window treatments including Hunter Douglas sheers and shadings, honeycomb shades, Roman shades, roller shades, screen shades, shutters and blinds. If you need window blinds, shades, and shutters in Birch Bay, WA, you can count on us. Lorraine grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba and moved to Bellingham in 1991. She has been in the window covering business since 1995 and has enjoyed many years of happy customers in Whatcom, Skagit and the San Juan Islands. Please call (360) 738-8175 for a free window covering estimate. You can also come to our office at 410 W Bakerview Rd Ste 101, Bellingham, WA 98226.
Whether building, renovating, or redecorating your residence, window coverings are a finishing detail that really makes a house feel like home. Much like the icing on a cake, window treatments are both functional and beautifying. When considering the vast array of choices available for window shutters, blinds, and shades in Birch Bay, WA, the experts at Lorraine’s Window Coverings can help you find just the right fit for your needs.
The first step is to figure out what you are wanting. You know you need window coverings, but maybe you aren’t sure about the benefits or drawbacks of different styles. Our team will help you determine what might be practical and aesthetically pleasing for designing the spaces. We will ask you questions about what the rooms will be used for, what other decorative finishes you are considering, and the level of privacy you need.
Various Types of Window Blinds, Shades, and Shutters in Birch Bay, WA
There are so many options available for window coverings! Even better, many styles complement each other with differing functions. This can be a big help when you want to customize different rooms of an entire home. You certainly also can choose one type of covering for a whole house. It all comes down to what environment you want to create and which features are most important to you. Here are a few of the options we carry:
- Hunter Douglas Window Coverings – Lorraine’s is proud to be a certified dealer and installer of these gorgeous products! We can help you sift through the available options to find just the perfect match for your spaces.
- Shutters are high-quality, luxurious window treatments. They come in a variety of materials and colors. Some are designed specifically to block UV rays and hold up well in humid climates. The durability and classic lines make these an investment that will last for years to come.
- Blinds are designed with vertical or horizontal slats that open and close. Like shutters, they are available in a variety of colors and materials.
- Shades pull up or down to cover windows as needed. Honeycomb shades offer a little extra insulating effect keeping temperatures more comfortable year-round. Roman shades are elegant and contemporary, with stacked folds of fabric that evenly rise or lower as desired. Ask us about roller and solar shades too. We love all the shades!
- Automated PowerView Features make your window coverings open and close automatically according to the schedule you set. This can be controlled through your smart home system or the provided remote control.
- Custom Blinds can be ordered for unusually sized or shaped windows.
- Retractable Screen Doors are built with a flexible screen that can roll into a housing that is attached to the door jam. It can then be pulled out and locked over the open space to screen insects from entering inside spaces while the door is open.
- Exterior Screen Shades are installed on the outside of a home or building. These UV-protecting screens come in a range of opacities and color choices.
- Exterior/Outdoor Rooms are part of your spaces that need the perfect window covers too. Screened porches and patios or sunrooms need the protection of window treatments to block the damaging sun rays from fading furniture, rugs, or artwork. Additionally, it will be more comfortable to use these rooms at any time of day if there are options to cover the windows as needed.
- Drapery selections are an impactful way to finish a room. There are countless choices for draperies, from luxurious, heavy fabrics to simplified, lightweight, and classic options.
- Woven Texture Alustra Fabric is exclusively available in Hunter Douglas window coverings. These woven textiles create a natural light filtering effect and are available in several styles.
Our certified installers offer blind Installation with careful attention to detail and professionalism. Our business is highly rated, and if you are not 100 percent satisfied with the process, we want to know. For high-quality window shades, blinds, and shutters in Birch Bay, WA, Lorraine’s Window Coverings is the place to go.
Call to Book Your Consultation Today
Choosing window blinds, shades, and shutters in Birch Bay, WA, need not be an overwhelming experience. Getting the right products matched to the right spaces will result in solutions you will be pleased with and proud to show to your visitors. Hiring our professional team assures that you will avoid costly mistakes and find products that will last for many years.
Contact us at Lorraine’s Window Coverings, Inc. via phone at (360) 738-8175. Alternatively, we can be reached by filling out the contact us form at our website. We will be in touch to set up an appointment with you shortly. Lastly, you are welcome to stop in during business hours at our convenient showroom located at 410 W Bakerview Rd, Ste 101, Bellingham, WA 98226.
Window Blinds, Shades, and Shutters FAQ’s
Are wood blinds expensive?
- As of September 2018, the national average prices for natural wood blinds and false wood blinds ranged from $3.80 to $7.30 per square foot. Be sure to ask for extra or secret fees for hardware, installation, etc., warranties, and available warranties. Learn more.
What blinds are best for bathroom?
- Pleated blinds are a great alternative for bathrooms.
- Mirage blinds are an increasingly common option in bathrooms, chosen for the stylish regulation of window lighting.
- Vertical blinds provide flexible activity for privacy and lighting access, also an essential consideration in the bathroom. Learn more.
Can blinds be used in bedrooms?
- The blind. Blinds are plain, modern window treatments that are great for bedrooms, since they add protection and do a good job of blocking sunlight. Blinds are made of hard materials, such as wood, metal or vinyl. Learn more.